behavioral science, bioethics, embryology, GDL, genetics, Guadalajara, immunology, medical school, medicine, Mexico, physiology, student, students, study, success, surgery, uag, Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara
Behavioral Science: The material for this class is very interesting. Don’t make studying for Behavioral Science more complicated than it needs to be. My suggestion is to study the slides, and annotate them with information from Wikipedia and Kaplan. Anything above this is overkill.
Bioethics: This class is easy-breezy. The teacher guarantees to bump your grade a whole number (e.g. from a 9 to a 10) if you have perfect attendance and are punctual. There are notes a former student transcribed available at the Paper Cup, just read these notes once or twice through the night before or morning of the test. Again, anything above this is overkill.
Embryology/Genetics: For Embryology I recommend reading, “The Developing Human: Clinically Oriented Embryology” by Moore and BRS Embryology. I also recommend studying from the site embryology.ch. This embryology.ch is like an online textbook but better. It comes with well labeled diagrams and 3-D simulation videos, it is very thorough. One could conceivably skip reading, and just go through this website. For Genetics just listen in the lecture and make sure you can identify all the diseases. I also suggested doing practice exam questions available at the Paper Cup.
Immunology: If you are not exempt from the Physiology, you may have only two weeks to study for this exam. The professor may boast that only 33% of the class will pass the final while the other 67% are going to Segundos. For our class, this case. However, that doesn’t mean you’re destined to fail. Begin your studies by reading the Kuby or Abbas Immunology book, then reading the Immunology handout notes available at the Paper Cup. For practice questions use USMLE World or USMLE Rx. I also recommend going through the First Aid for a quick review.
Physiology: You should read Guyton and/or Berne and Levy. If you read the material twice, especially from two different sources, you will better understand the processes. Watching Dr. Najeeb lectures and Kaplan also really help pull everything together. Guyton has a set of practice questions that are a must, Pre-Test Physiology are also an excellent guage of understanding and a potential teaching tool. To catch seemingly random questions that may appear on the exam, I recommend skimming through the class PowerPoints at least twice.
Public Health: Follow the rubric and submit your paper.
Surgery: Show up on time, be respectful, and stay on task.
Israel large said:
I was wondering if you will post a USMLE step 1 Strategy? Also I start class at UAG next august and I view the web site and they don’t show Surgery as a course, did they stop providing this course?